My research interests are related to scheduling of jobs with variable processing times. During postgraduate studies I analysed the computational complexity of selected problems of scheduling jobs with unit processing times, which was summed up in my master’s thesis.
As a PhD student, I try to adapt some known unit job processing times algorithms for more general cases of variable processing times, especially position-dependent ones. With a great support from my supervisor, prof. Stanisław Gawiejnowicz, I fathom this area of scheduling theory.
- B. Przybylski, A new model of parallel-machine scheduling with integral-based learning effect, Computers & Industrial Engineering XXX(X): X-X (2018), DOI: 10.1016/j.cie.2018.05.035 (IF: 2.623).
- B. Przybylski, Parallel-machine job scheduling with precedence constraints and position-dependent processing times, Optimization Letters 11(7): 1273–1281 (2017), DOI: 10.1007/s11590-016-1075-8, BibTeX, PDF (IF: 1.310).
- B. Przybylski, A New Model of Continuous Learning and its Applications in Scheduling, Proceedings of the 13th Workshop on Models and Algorithms for Planning and Scheduling Problems, MAPSP 2017, Seeon Abbey, Germany, June 12–16, 2017, pp. 125-127
- B. Przybylski, Precedence constrained position-dependent scheduling on parallel machines via schedule transformations, Proceedings of The First International Workshop on Dynamic Scheduling Problems, Poznan, Poland, June 30–July 1, 2016, pp. 65–67
Conferences and seminars
- B. Przybylski, Parallel-machine scheduling of generalized jobs, New Challenges in Scheduling Theory, Aussois, France, April 3-7, 2018
- B. Przybylski, A new model of scheduling with the effect of learning, Seminar of the Laboratory of Algorithm Design and Programming Systems, Poznan University of Technology, Poznan, Poland, October 3, 2017
- B. Przybylski, A new model of continuous learning and its applications in scheduling, The 13th Workshop on Models and Algorithms for Planning and Scheduling Problems (MAPSP), Seeon Abbey, Germany, June 12–16, 2017
- B. Przybylski, Parallel-machine scheduling of precedence constrained jobs with position-dependent processing times, 28th European Conference on Operational Research, Poznan, Poland, July 3-6, 2016
- B. Przybylski, Precedence constrained position-dependent scheduling on parallel machines via schedule transformations, The First International Workshop on Dynamic Scheduling Problems, Poznan, Poland, June 30-July 1, 2016
Courses and schools
- Gdańsk Summer School of Advanced Science on Algorithms for Discrete Optimization, Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Informatics,
Gdańsk University of Technology, September 5-12, 2017
- Complexity of Algebraic Computations, prof. Michael Kaminski, Computer Science Department, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, October 2015–December 2015